Test Quiz ECS Card – Special Site Hazards
You should have a basic understanding of:
• The safety precautions to be taken before working in a confined space
• The precautions to be taken when carrying out excavation work to reduce the risks from contact with
underground services, falling materials etc.
• The precautions to be taken when working near overhead power lines
• The dangers to pedestrians from vehicles on site
• The additional risks to young people at work and those working alone
SPECIAL SITE HAZARDS
When working in a confined space, such as a sewer, what danger may occur?